Capt. Bob's Direct Line
ASA School of the Year
ASA Instructor of the Year
Capt. Robert Patroni
Sailing School Sailing
Instructor: Bob Patroni
- Bob Patroni has over 35 years of sailing experience.
- He has cruised in the Gulf of Mexico, the Caribbean, and the Atlantic.
- Robert holds a Captains license from the United States Coast Guard,
as well as an advanced ASA instructor's license.
- In addition to Robert's sailing credentials he has also taught Humanities
on the College level for 17 years. He not only knows how to sail but he knows how to "teach" you how to sail.
- Bob is also licensed to perform marriages and burials at sea.
- Bob is the sole proprietor of Floridaze Sailing School.
Instructor: Linda Thompson
Sailing is a not only a life- long sport, it is one where you will acquire new skills and knowledge every time you sail. Capt Linda focuses on learning by doing and spends much time developing your on the water skills and keeps classroom time to a minimum Capt Linda's passion for sailing is infectious, and she offers a learning environment that is safe, fun, and relaxed. She offers the tools and support necessary for students to reach their full potential and is available for questions and advice long after the class is over.
Capt Linda grew up by the water and has over 40 years of sailing experience. She is a USCG licensed captain and an American Sailing Association instructor. Capt Linda has sailed the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, Bahamas, and more, but loves most her home town waters of Pensacola Bay and the surrounding area.
- Holds a United States Coast Guard Captain's License.
- Bob has an advanced ASA Instructors License.
- Bob has a PhD in Marine Biology.
- Bob has thousands of miles of crusing experience.
Sail at Pensacola Beach - voted "#1 Best Florida Beach" in USA Today's Reader's Choice contest.
References: Phone Numbers available upon request.
- Rick Zern - Sailmaker, Rigger, and Boat broker. Rick is one of Pensacola's champion sailors.
- Hunter Riddle - Master sail maker from Schurr Sails of Pensacola.
the Soverel National Championship in 1988, 1989, and 1990.
His sails are found
on boats from Lake Michigan to Key West.
- Tom Whitehurst - he represented the United States on International
470's in the
1976 Olympics. He has held multiple one design and PHRF
forte is the Sunfish.